Australia is a country full of all the things you love: beaches, animals, exotic food, and more! However, Australia is not only all these things – it also has so many amazing sites to visit! In this article, we’ll highlight some of the coolest sites to go see in Queensland, Australia.
Queensland, Australia Map
If you’re looking for an adventure, Queensland is the place to be. This state in Australia is perfect for travelers who want to explore the natural world and experience unique cultural experiences. Here are six cool things to do in Queensland:
1. Visit the Great Barrier Reef – This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Queensland. The reef is home to thousands of species of coral and more than 1,000 different types of fish. You can snorkel, dive and kayak here, or simply take in the view from a boat or island.
2. Drive along the Kennedy Highway – This well-known road winds its way through some of Queensland’s most stunning landscapes. You’ll pass through rainforest, across vast plains and past turquoise lakes. The journey is unforgettable, and there are plenty of scenic stops along the way to make sure you don’t get bored.
3. Visit Cairns – This tropical city is a fascinating mix of ancient Aboriginal culture and modern day amenities.
What To Do In Queensland, Australia: The Coolest And Most Unique Destinations Photo Gallery
If you’re looking for a place to explore and spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Queensland, Australia is definitely the destination for you! Not only does this state offer some of the coolest and most unique destinations in the world, but its people are also some of the friendliest and welcoming you’ll ever meet. Whether you’re looking to go exploring lush rainforest or enjoy a day at the beach, there’s sure to be something here that will suit your needs. So if you’re thinking of taking a trip down under, be sure to check out our list of the coolest and most unique destinations in Queensland!
Why Go To Queensland
Queensland is definitely one of the coolest places to visit in Australia. With its vast desert landscapes, pristine beaches, and diverse wildlife, Queensland has something for everyone. For those looking for a more adventurous experience, there are plenty of options available including hiking trails, surfing spots, and dinosaur digs. Alternatively, if you’re just looking for a relaxing getaway, Queensland has plenty of beautiful beaches and resorts to choose from. Whether you’re travelling with friends or family, we recommend checking out some of the region’s top attractions. Here are five reasons why you should go to Queensland:
1) The Great Barrier Reef – Located off the coast of Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders. With an area of over 2,300 km², it’s hard to believe that such a big site can be found just a few hours from Brisbane. If you’re lucky enough to visit during the summer months (between December and April), make sure to book your tickets well in advance as demand is always high.
Where to Stay
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Queensland, Australia, you’ll want to check out some of the cooler and more unique options on the market. From treehouses to luxury penthouses, here are five cool places to stay in Queensland.
1. Treehouses: If you’re looking for something different but still want to stay in a comfortable environment, consider staying in a treehouse. There are plenty of options available throughout Queensland, from small cabins to elaborate treehouses that can accommodate up to 10 people.
2. Cabins: Cabins can be found all over Queensland and offer a more rustic and relaxed experience than most other hotels or accommodation options. They’re perfect if you want to explore the area without feeling claustrophobic or confined.
3. Boutique Lodging: If you’re looking for something luxurious but don’t want to spend a fortune, boutique lodging might be the perfect option for you. These lodgings usually offer unique atmospheres, delicious food and stunning views.
4. Penthouses: If you’re looking for an upscale experience with all the amenities that come with it, consider staying in a penthouse.
Where to Eat
Queensland is an amazing place to visit and explore. Here are a few of the coolest and most unique restaurants in Queensland that you won’t find anywhere else:
1. Senses – This restaurant has a unique focus on Australian native plants and animals, which can be found on their menu. They also have a beautiful garden out back where you can enjoy your meal.
2. The Keg – This restaurant is known for its Angus beef burgers, and they also have some of the best craft beers in Queensland. It’s perfect for a night out with friends.
3. Oxheart – This restaurant is known for its modern European cuisine, which is perfect for those who love trying something new. It also has an excellent wine list that’s sure to please even the most discerning palate.
4. The Bombay Bhel – This restaurant is famous for its Mumbai-style bhel puri puffs, which are fantastic fun to eat and amazingly filling. They also serve some great Indian food here, so everyone will be happy no matter what their taste preferences are.
What to Do
If you’re looking for a truly unique vacation experience, consider spending time in Queensland, Australia. This lush and sunny state is home to some of the coolest and most unique destinations in the world. Here are five of the best:
1. Cairns – A tropical paradise located on the coast of Queensland, Cairns is known for its clear waters, white sand beaches, and lively nightlife. Its rich history can be explored at nearby attractions like the Aboriginal Heritage Centre and the Whitsunday Islands Museum.
2. Broome – One of Australia’s oldest cities, Broome is located in the heart of the Kimberley region and features stunningly rugged landscapes. It’s home to some of Australia’s oldest buildings, including the historic courthouse and jail.
3. The Great Barrier Reef – One of the world’s natural wonders, The Great Barrier Reef is a mile-long stretch of coral reef that stretches off the coast of Queensland. It’s one of Australia’s most popular tourist destinations and home to several active volcanoes.
What Not To Do
If you’re planning a trip to Queensland, Australia, don’t forget to stay safe and avoid some of the common tourist traps. Here are five things not to do while in Queensland:
1. Don’t wander alone at night
Queensland is notorious for its dangerous and deserted streets, so it’s important to be sensible when exploring by yourself. Even during the day, stick to well-known tourist destinations and avoid isolated areas.
2. Don’t tour the Gold Coast by car
The Gold Coast is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Queensland, but don’t let that fool you – it’s still a very dangerous city. Stick to buses or taxis when touring this area and use common sense when walking around.
3. Don’t hitchhike
Hitchhiking is not safe in Queensland, and it’s not worth the risk – especially if you’re traveling alone. Try using public transportation instead if possible.
4. Don’t drink and drive
Drinking and driving is illegal in Queensland, and it’s never worth the risk – even if you’re only visiting for a day or two. Drive sober and use common sense when driving throughout the state.
Queensland, Australia is home to some of the coolest and most unique destinations in the world. Whether you’re a traveler looking for an off-the-beaten-path destination or just want to explore some of Australia’s natural beauty, these are the places you need to check out. From beaches that stretch on for miles and rainforest reserves teeming with wildlife, Queensland has it all.