26 St ohn Street, EC1 020 7251 0848/4998 www.stjohnrestaurant.com Open lunch & dinner Mon-Fri, dinner only Sat Chef Fergus Henderson has been in the vanguard of modern British cooking since this unique restaurant opened in 1994. His philosophy of nose to tail eating – no part of an animal is off limits – has led to the creation of classic, no-compromise dishes such as roast bone marrow and parsley salad, and veal tongue, beetroot and pickled walnut. But faint hearts need not fear: less offbeat gems include boiled ham, carrots and parsley sauce, and veal chop with chicory and anchovy. Desserts are straight from the nursery: apple crumble and custard, and hot chocolate pudding. There are no decorative frills to detract from the supreme quality of the food in this eccentric building that is part Georgian townhouse, part former smokehouse. An on-site bakery and bar offer snacks such as welsh rarebit, and tripe and chips.
St John iconic British restaurant London Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Where is London, UK? – London, UK Map – London, UK Map Download Free
- Where is London? – London Map – London Map Download Free
- Black Country Beer Crawl Experience Traditional West Midlands Bitter And Mild
- Notable British Pub Bucket List Ticks
- Visit to THE ESSENTIAL BRITISH PUB FOOD