Plan Your Montpelier Trip With Our Travel Guide
Planning a trip to Montpelier? You’ll find this blog post filled with helpful tips and practical advice on how to make the most of your time while in town. Start by reading our detailed map of the city, which includes important landmarks and general info about each area. Perhaps you’ve never visited before, or are visiting for the first time. Either way, this blog post will give you tons of useful information so that you can get the most out of your stay!
Montpelier Travel Guide Map of Montpelier
If you’re planning a trip to Montpelier, Vermont, be sure to check out our map of the city. We’ve highlighted key attractions and points of interest, so you can plan your route with ease. Plus, we’ve included information on how to get around Montpelier and what to expect during your stay. Read on for all the details!
Plan Your Montpelier Trip With Our Travel Guide Photo Gallery
Why Should I Plan a Trip to Montpelier?
Planning a trip to Montpelier is a great way to explore the beautiful state of Vermont. Here are five reasons why you should consider visiting this charming town:
1. Montpelier is an important historical center. The town was founded in 1763 and became an important center of government under the leadership of James Madison. Today, visitors can explore the impressive architecture and history of the city center.
2. The surrounding countryside is gorgeous. Montpelier is located in the Green Mountains, and there are plenty of hiking and biking trails nearby for exploring. You can also find lovely lakes and rivers to explore.
3. The people of Montpelier are friendly and welcoming. This is a great place to visit if you want to experience Vermont hospitality at its best. The residents are happy to share their knowledge of the area and recommend activities for visitors to enjoy.
4. Montpelier has plenty of amenities for visitors whether they’re looking for shopping, dining, or entertainment options. There are plenty of attractions and activities available in the city that you won’t be able to find anywhere else in Vermont.
How to Get There
Montpelier is located in the state of Vermont and is about an hour northwest of Boston. The easiest way to get there is to fly into Burlington International Airport. From there, take the I-91 North to Exit 62. Take a left onto Rt. 7 north and drive about 10 minutes until you reach Montpelier.
If you’re driving, take I-89 South to Exit 9 and turn left onto Rt. 7 north. The town is small enough that you can easily find it, but if you get lost, just ask a local for directions.
Montpelier has a number of attractions that tourists could visit including the State House, which was built in 1792 and was recently restored; the Vermont History Museum; The Green Mountain Boys Village; and the Champlain Valley Expo Center, which has both indoor and outdoor exhibits.
If you’re looking for something to do other than sightseeing, check out the city’s numerous restaurants and boutiques. Montpelier also has a lively nightlife that should be explored if you’re in town for more than a day or two.
What to See and Do in Montpelier
Montpelier is a small town in Vermont that is home to many interesting attractions. Whether you’re interested in history, art, or nature, there is something for you in Montpelier. Here are some of the best things to do in Montpelier:
1. Visit the Governor’s Mansion. This historic building is home to many impressive features, including a grand staircase and marble floors. The mansion also has a museum onsite that contains artifacts from the governor’s history.
2. Walk through the State House. This beautiful building is full of interesting artwork and historical artifacts. It’s also home to the state legislature and several other government offices.
3. Visit the Burlington Bike Path. This scenic path runs through the heart of Burlington, Vermont, and it’s perfect for cyclists and hikers alike. You can explore various parks along the way, or take a break at one of the cafes located along the path.
4. Check out Montpelier Village Green Park. This beautiful park is perfect for a picnic lunch or a quick walk around when you’re in town. You’ll find plenty of benches and tables perfect for relaxing, as well as a pond with fish swimming around it.
Montpelier is a great place to eat, and there are many restaurants to choose from. Here are some of our favorites:
The Gilded Lily – This restaurant is known for its delicious food and friendly service. It is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike.
The Black Sheep – This restaurant has an eclectic menu that includes everything from burgers to pasta. The restaurant is clean and comfortable, making it a great choice for a romantic dinner.
Bareburger – This burger joint is perfect for those who want something fast and tasty. They have a wide selection of burgers, as well as salads and sides.