Map of Newport News for Today, it is home to a small community of Benedictine monks and oblates. Exploring Santa Caterina The complex is tiny; you could walk from one end to the other in three minutes. The steps from above and below meet at the lovely entrance gallery (1624), with arches looking out over the lake, which leads to the South Convent. Inside, opposite the gift shop, is the Gothic Chapterhouse, decorated with frescoes including a pristine image from 1439 of St Eligius healing a horse. A door gives onto a small courtyard; ahead, beneath the four Gothic arches of the Small Convent (1315) is the church, with its stubby Romanesque bell tower and graceful Renaissance porch. Dating from 1587, this is a movingly quiet and holy space. A fresco of God the Father, dated 1610, adorns the Baroque vault above the high altar; around the church are other, older examples. A rear chapel, dedicated to the Blessed Alberto, is known as the Chapel of the Rocks; five massive boulders fell through the roof around 1700 and became lodged, as if miraculously, above this chapel, supported by the vaulting. They stayed that way for two centuries, finally crashing to the floor in 1910 (and were removed in 1983). Map of Newport News 2016.
Map of Hampton Inn Hampton/Newport News, Hampton
Map of Newport News Photo Gallery
Newport News Virginia Street Map 5156000
Newport News city, Virginia detailed profile – houses, real estate …