(0588) 861 50. gj Sat. [3 Astiludio (1st Sun in Sep). ® Piazza dei Priori This fine square, with excellent views of the Roman theatre, is dominated by the Palazzo dei Priori, dating to 1208. A sober building, it is said to have been the model for the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence (seepp78-9). The 13th-century Porcellino tower, on the other side of the square, is named after the small pig, now almost worn away, carved at its base. A Arco Etrusco One of Volterra s more unusual sights, the Etruscan arch is in fact part Roman. Only the columns and the severely weathered basalt heads, representing Etruscan gods, date to the 6th century BC original. The features of each head are now barely visible.
FLORENCE MAP FLAG Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Pangan Villas, Koh Pangan, THAILAND
- Ideal Destination Wedding in The Caribbean With Sandals Resorts
- Beyoncé Special Villa Emerald, Ponta dos Ganchos, BRAZILA
- Gold Coast Map and Travel Guide
- North Australia Map and Travel Guide