New York State is the perfect destination for a summer getaway: everything you need for a relaxing vacation is within close reach. Whether you want to visit art museums, walk through Central Park, or enjoy an outdoor activity like hunting down the best hiking trails or waterfalls, there are endless options to explore.
Finger Lakes, New York Map
Finger Lakes, New York is one of America’s most enchanting vacation destinations. The area is known for its picturesque lakes, charming small towns and rich history. The region is renowned for its wineries and agricultural activities, but it’s also home to a number of world-renowned museums. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or a exciting vacation spot with plenty to do, the Finger Lakes are perfect for you.
Finger Lakes, New York: America’s Most Enchanting Vacation Destination Photo Gallery
Introduction to the Finger Lakes
If you’re looking for a beautiful weekend getaway, the Finger Lakes in upstate New York should definitely be on your list. With its picturesque lakes, charming towns and winding rural roads, the region is a true oasis of sorts. Whether you’re looking to explore nature or soak up some culture, there’s something for everyone in the Finger Lakes. Here’s a closer look at why this area is so popular with tourists:
Theregion is home to more than 60 lakes, most of which are located in the central part of the state. These pristine waters offer plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating, swimming and kayaking. In addition to being great places to spend a day or two, several of the lakes are also perfect for overnight camping trips.
While there’s plenty to see and do in the Finger Lakes, one of the region’s biggest attractions is its charming small towns. Many of these settlements date back to the 19th century and feature Victorian architecture and historic districts that are worth exploring. Among these destinations are Seneca Falls, Watkins Glen and Ithaca.
If you’re looking for interesting cultural experiences, the Finger Lakes region has plenty to offer as well.
Why Should You Visit the Finger Lakes
Located in upstate New York, the Finger Lakes region is home to some of America’s most beautiful landscapes. With crystal-clear lakes and verdant hills, it’s easy to see why this area is so popular with tourists. But there’s more to the Finger Lakes than just beautiful scenery. Here are five reasons you should visit the region:
1. The lakes are perfect for swimming, boating, fishing, and kayaking. 2. There are plenty of attractions nearby, including wineries and historical sites. 3. The area is home to some of New York’s best restaurants. 4. The weather is temperate all year round, making it a great destination for all sorts of travelers. 5. The locals are friendly and welcoming, making it an ideal place to stay while exploring the area.
Interesting Facts About the Finger Lakes
1. The Finger Lakes are located in upstate New York and cover an area of about 21,000 acres.
2. The name “Finger Lakes” comes from the Native American word meaning “clear water.”
3. The Finger Lakes region is known for its picturesque landscapes, including rolling hills and deep, fertile valleys.
4. In addition to its beautiful scenery, the Finger Lakes region is also home to a number of world-renowned attractions, including Watkins Glen International Raceway and Seneca Falls National Historical Park.
5. The Finger Lakes region is perfect for visitors who want to experience some of America’s most beautiful scenery without having to travel too far.
How can You Get There by Car?
If you’re looking for a vacation that is picturesque and serene, the Finger Lakes region of New York should definitely be at the top of your list. This area is home to some of America’s most beautiful lakes, and its villages and towns are well worth exploring.
Getting to the Finger Lakes region by car can be done in a number of ways. The easiest way would be to take I-90 east from the Twin Cities or Chicago. Once you’re out east, take exit 49 (Lake Placid), then turn left onto Rt. 93. From there, it’s about an hour’s drive to Keuka Lake.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more scenic route, take State Route 89 north from Ithaca. This road takes you through Watkins Glen, one of the area’s most famous tourist spots. It’s about an hour and a half from Ithaca to Keuka Lake via this route.
Whatever route you choose, make sure to bring your camera with you! The Finger Lakes region is full of picturesque villages and stunning landscapes.
Where to Stay in Finger Lakes?
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in the Finger Lakes region of New York, there are plenty of options available. From luxurious resorts to charming B&Bs, there’s something for everyone, no matter what your budget. Here are some of our favorite places to stay in the Finger Lakes:
1. The Inn atombat: This delightful bed and breakfast offers guests a picturesque setting on a working farm just outside Watkins Glen. The inn has five rooms, each with its own unique feature and history. It’s also home to a lovely garden and vineyard, making it the perfect place to relax after exploring the surrounding area.
2. The Blue Pointe Inn: This picturesque bed and breakfast is located in Seneca Lake Village, one of the most charming towns in the Finger Lakes region. The inn offers an array of amenities, including free Wi-Fi and a fitness center, as well as delicious breakfasts prepared by owner Bonnie Nesselrode.
3. Cedar Cove Resort: If you’re looking for luxury accommodations while in the Finger Lakes region, look no further than Cedar Cove Resort. The resort features 123 elegantly furnished rooms and suites, all with beautiful views of Seneca.
What to Eat and Drink in Finger Lakes?
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique dining experience, look no further than the Finger Lakes. Here, you can find everything from farm-to-table restaurants to hole-in-the-wall joints that serve up some of the best food in America. Even if you don’t want to leave your cozy bed and breakfast, there are plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby that will satisfy your cravings. So, whether you’re in the mood for fresh oysters on the half shell or a hearty burger at a local pub, the Finger Lakes have got you covered.
To get the most out of your trip, make sure to pack your appetite! Here are some of the best eats to try while visiting the Finger Lakes:
1. Try a local dish at The Olde Creamery in Seneca Falls. This dairy has been serving up creamy ice cream since 1876 and offers an amazing variety of toppings (from bacon to blueberries) to put on your cone.
2. Head to Plinythe Elders Winery for a wine tasting experience unlike any other. This family-owned vineyard specializes in sparkling wines and offers tastings that allow you to learn about all the different grapes that are used to make their wine.
3. The Finger Lakes area is famous for award-winning cheeses, but there’s a particular celebrity among them: Trombetta Farms in Watkins Glen. This dairy is known for its gourmet cheeses made from the best local ingredients and its delicious Italian dishes, like macaroni and cheese balls and chicken parmesan salad.
4. For the best pancakes in town, head over to the Pig Stand Café in Seneca Falls. This diner serves up fresh-made biscuits with butter and real maple syrup and has even won a James Beard Foundation Award!