Ambrose De vid. 4, 23 distinguishes a triple virtue of chastity: the first conjugal, the second widowed, the third virginal; to talk of and exhort to one of these does not exclude or imply inferiority in the others. Augustine presents models of these different types of chastity: Joseph, Susanna and Mary Serm. ed. Mai 136,2; and Jerome offers Paula as a model in his own time of married and widowed chastity Ep. 108,15. Chesapeake Map Chastity is remaining in Jesus Christ in the flesh and in the spirit Ign., Ad Eph. 10,3; it must be guarded, leaving no room for evil desires Hermas, Mand. 4,1,1; it makes us neighbors of God Orig., Hom. in Levit. 11,1; John Moschus, Prat. 152. It requires a will that strives and obtains from God the gift of chastity through a seriously dedicated life Jerome, In Mt. 3,19,11, in a struggle with the devil and the passions to conquer the person’s very nature John Clim., Scal. par. 15. The warning not to make chastity an occasion for pride pervades all the writings of the Fathers over the centuries from 1 Clem. 38, 2 to Jerome, Ep. 22, 3 and Aug., Virgin. 37, 38.
Chesapeake Map Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Arctic Circle Beers In Troms Beer And Life Bucket Lists Combine
- Bruges’ Best Beer Experiences Spend The Weekend In A Wonderful Beer City
- Visit To Milwaukee’s Old Lager Breweries A Reminder Of This Once-Great Brewing City
- Band Of Bohemia The World’s First Michelin-Starred Brewery
- Bbq And Beer In Austin Because I Also Have A Food Bucket List