This monument was designed in 1570 by Vasari. The figures are Painting, Architecture and Sculpture. Galileo’s Tomb Condemned by the church in 1616, Galileo was denied a Christian burial until 1737, when this tomb by Giulio Foggini was erected. The magnificent gothic church of Santa Croce (1294) contains the tombs of many famous Florentines, including Michelangelo and Galileo. The spacious, airy interior is enhanced by the radiant frescoes of Giotto and his gifted pupil, Taddeo Gaddi, painted early in the 14th century. Incorporated into the cloister beside the church is Brunelleschi’s Classical Cappella de’ Pazzi (Pazzi Chapel), a masterpiece of Renaissance architecture. The rest of the monastic buildings ranged around the cloister form a museum of religious painting and sculpture. Dante died in exile in 1321 and is buried in Ravenna. His admirers erected a memorial to the great poet in 1829.
BEST COUNTRIES TO VISIT WITH CHILDREN 2016 Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Pangan Villas, Koh Pangan, THAILAND
- Ideal Destination Wedding in The Caribbean With Sandals Resorts
- Beyoncé Special Villa Emerald, Ponta dos Ganchos, BRAZILA
- Sweet nothings Pierre Hermee
- MARCH FAVORIVES – LUMEE MACBOOK PRO TOPSHOP NACSISICO RODRIGUEZ